Sunday 18 September 2016

As we get ready to start off our 3rd week of school, I just wanted to provide a quick update to make sure you are informed about some of the happenings so far!

The last nine days have been a whirlwind! I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know the energetic and eager faces, and look forward to working with all the kids on a deeper level as we start to get further into our year.


Thank you to everyone who was able to make the Welcome Back Open House this past week.  It was great to chat with you all!  If you were not able to attend, I would like to reiterate that I am always available to talk with you, or answer and questions that you may have.  If we have not yet met, please feel free to come introduce yourself whenever is convenient for you!  I enjoy getting to know the families of my students!

If you visit the "Parents" page on this blog, you will be able to find a digital copy of the "Classroom A-Z" booklet that I provided at the Open House.  I have also put a link for the instructions for the "Remind" text messaging service that I would like to try this year.  My goal is to keep parents as informed as possible.  This means that if you sign up (no smart phone required), I will be able to send mass-text messages for important reminders, while maintaining your privacy.  I will also be able to text back and forth with individual parents.  I love contacting parents with good news and celebrations regarding their child, and this might be a nice way to make sure that we touch base whenever we have a free minute!

I would also like to encourage you to return the "Thought Circles" regarding your children.  I LOVE reading these, as they provide a totally new perspective on those precious beings that I spend the majority of my day with.

This week we will be kicking off our first Science unit of the year.  We will be investigating many aspects of building and materials used for building.  If you could please start sending some old newspapers, toilet paper tubes, shoeboxes or cereal boxes, so that we can gather enough supplies for some of our experiments and projects, that would be great!

I'm looking forward to seeing all the kids tomorrow!